3 Hot Trends in Corporate Event Scenery
Corporate events have changed.
Corporations want events that embody their brand values, and for attendees to experience something truly unique and memorable.
Large-scale events also mirror cultural changes: the ‘tech-savvy culture facilitated by social media sharing means your event could be seen and enjoyed by many… or simply fade into the background.
Here are 3 trends we’ve seen recently that can add ‘wow’ factor to your corporate events.
1. Building social media sharing into the event.
Getting the most bang-for-your-event-buck means facilitating social media interaction. Here are some innovative event ideas we’ve seen recently that encourage social sharing:
- Background scenery built specifically for photo opportunities. Backdrops that include brand logos or which coordinate stylistically with the theme of the event are popular.
- Scenery with enough ‘wow’ factor to encourage casual photography. Truly eye-popping and innovative scenery will entice attendees to snap photos with their iPhones and share the event with their social network
- Branded event hashtags. Incorporate a unique event hashtag into your event scenery.
- Wifi connectivity. Encourage attendees to log into social networks and share photos and updates by making wifi available and easy to access. Discuss with your event venue what options they have for wifi connectivity.
2. Integrated lighting.
Lighting is key to any event, but don’t limit yourself to just overhead and directional lighting. A relatively new and visually high-impact effect is to use lighting within the scenery build.ntegrated lighting makes a big visual impact.
This could include LED lighting strips that change colors, back-lit graphic panels, glowing signage, and light strips that can be placed on walls, floors and ceilings.
It’s more affordable than ever to add high-impact integrated lighting to your event scenery. Advances in lighting technology over the past few years has seen costs drop dramatically, with prices at least half of what they were just a few years ago.
3. Investing and re-using sets for multiple events
Previously, most event stages & sets were a ‘one-and-done’ affair, a temporary fixture which was discarded after the event. Today, many brands are working with production companies and scene shops to create longer-lasting, scenery and staging which is designed to be used across multiple events.
Potential ways to reuse event sets include:Potential ways to re-use event sets include:
- Modular staging systems which can be used for events with different location layouts
- Simply updating the graphics or artwork for events rather than a total re-design and build
- Leverage your scene shop for set storage. The crew can dismantle your set and transport it back to the scene shop for storage, where it will be ready to re-purpose for your next event.
These are just a few new ways that big brands are building high-impact sets and event stages – we’re seeing new ideas all the time!
Increasingly, big brands are thinking about the complete sensory experience when designing events, and encouraging social sharing. And creating a set with maximum impact makes more financial sense when you can re-purpose it for future events.
Scenicorp helps make your event set ideas a reality!
Our work with integrated lighting is extensive, and we have a full graphics department which prints in-house. Give us a call to discuss how to take your project to the next level with some of these ideas.